Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Whew!

They are coming and going around here. Michael left and is now in Kansas and it looks like my oldest, Taylor will be moving home for a while. This past Saturday was Michael's last night at home and he asked us to meet him out with his friends at a bar. The problem with that is they don't get going in the bars until 9PM at the earliest which is about the time John and I want to go to bed. We were planning on leaving the house at 5:30 AM the next morning to move Taylor home.(Long story) We hung out at the bar with Michael until maybe 11:30 and then had to call it quits. It's always fun to hang out with them and I am going to miss him but I am so glad he is right in Kansas. Compared to Iraq it feels like next door.



So Sunday morning we are on the road bright and early. Killer. I followed John in Taylors car as it had just come out of repair. The plan was to get her stuff and she would follow us back later that day. She was way out in Middletown way north of here. I was so tired. It was nice to see some hills and mountains once we got there as it is SO entirely flat here.



We loaded her up and tried to comfort her. (Bad break-up. Hard to watch.) Thankfully I was a passenger on the way back a was able to get a few winks in. Nearly impossible to sleep in a pick-up.

Next morning bright and early had to hit the road again as Lisa had a doctors appointment in Washington. Her birthday was the following day so I planned to take her shopping while we were there. After the appointment she let me know she was hoping for my enchiladas and a raspberry lemon cake for her birthday dinner the next night. Right. Can you say exhausted? It's a 3 hour drive to Washington and the last 20 minutes of the ride home I could not do. I gave the wheel to the now 18 year old. Once again though, how much sleep do you think you get with and 18 year old at the wheel?

Next day I groceried, and cooked all day. Joy.





Today I just want to catch up in the office and studio. What an absolutely boring post this is. But that's what I've been doing. Going, going, going. I feel pressed for time lately so not much time to be on the blogs. Miss everyone.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Thanks for the update, Mary.

Thinking of you all.

You're a very good mom...

3/19/2008 10:33:00 AM  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

you are such an amazing mom...and you need some down time and ....maybe some more raspberry cake...?

hugs...

3/20/2008 01:35:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Carol- Thinking of you too.

E4E- Always more cake!

3/20/2008 10:21:00 AM  
Blogger Hayden said...

what an amazing mom! clear to see what a great relationship you have with your kids.

3/23/2008 05:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters