Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Getting a few things done anyway...

I have been BUSY! I know you must be sick of hearing about it. I am too!

Monday night we attending a wrestling awards dinner. Johnny received MVP on JV and a varsity letter. They said he is going to be a MONSTER next year. Wow! Just what every mother wants to hear. Looking forward to that. Here he is with his friend who is holding the award.



We went to NYC for the day yesterday to enroll Lisa in school. I felt it was necessary to have John sit in front of a human in hopes that he would grasp the whole tuition thing. He was very quiet. It's not like I haven't been telling him but you know you don't always listen to your spouse. The woman in financial aid who helped us was laughing as we left. There was NO SHOPPING on this visit. We were 2 hours into the drive home before he started talking about it. Shell shock. Anyway I am excited for Lisa. She's happy too.

I have been working in the studio but I've been getting side-tracked so things are moving slowly. I managed to get one mirror out to get a picture but I think I need to retake it in some sunshine. I will try again today.



I haven't stained the frame yet. I have that and much more to do so I better get going.

13 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Congratulations to Johnny!

A MONSTER, huh? Looking forward to reading about THAT in the future!

Nice work on the mirror, Mary. Is this for your house or someone else's?

4/16/2008 12:33:00 PM  
Blogger Hayden said...

How wonderful that mirror is!

congrats on the kids, too!

4/16/2008 08:33:00 PM  
Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

"you know you don't always listen to your spouse."
She complained to you too, huh?...(: Sorry. If she just wouldn't nag so damn much......

:)

I declare today "I'm Pooped! Day." My legs are about to fall off and my eyes weigh a ton at 10:30. P.M.

I don't think that's a good sign.

The monster he's gonna be a star. Hitch your wagon now!:)

4/16/2008 10:26:00 PM  
Blogger Yoga Korunta said...

Congrats to Lisa and Johnny. Hope John recovers from sticker shock. I paid from pocket when Reagan cancelled student loans.

4/16/2008 10:52:00 PM  
Blogger Fran said...

There is a HOPE education tax write off- under this admin, a full time student's parent can declare for 2 years. the college will send a receipt & you can take a chunk of a deduction. They only allow you to use it for 2 years though... so I joked with the husband- no more hope for you (after this tax year!).

Love the mirror/frame.
Wish I lived closer to you to go to your studio sales!

4/17/2008 12:22:00 AM  
Blogger la bellina mammina said...

congrats Johnny - am sure that Lisa is looking forward to start school.

Great one on your mirror!

4/17/2008 07:32:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Carol- The nice thing about that mirror is it was for no one which makes the process more enjoyable. Now I just have to sell it.

Hayden- Thank you. I did another in red that is the same pattern.

TUA- We can't help ourselves. Besides the other half can be a pain in de ass too.
All that tiredness makes for a good nights sleep.

Yoga- Ouch! That is really wrong!

Fran- I guess that's the only HOPE I have for 2 years anyway.

La Bellina- In NYC? You bet she is. She thinks she's so cool.

4/17/2008 07:47:00 AM  
Blogger Kagahn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4/17/2008 01:13:00 PM  
Blogger Coffee Messiah said...

It's only $$$$$$.

Very nice mirror too! ; )

I'll be sending my CD etc in a week or so......

4/17/2008 06:03:00 PM  
Blogger Krimo said...

Beautiful mosaic, Mary! Definitely your stamp on it.

4/20/2008 07:01:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

CM- I can't wait!

Krimo- Thanks! I really like this one myself.

4/20/2008 07:21:00 PM  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

very very beautiful....mosaic..would know it was yours anywhere- lovely...

ahhhh the tuition thing...ouch....
( am "trying' to have those discussions with 6-6 's dad too- the Ex...and I don't think he gets it..or grasps it the way I do...the way it takes away sleep and hangs over my head...like an ugly hat...BUT I know that I will get him where he wants to go- he too is looking at NYC in about 18 mos.....so Best to ALL of you and Lisa...VERY exciting...)

4/22/2008 02:26:00 AM  
Blogger Dem Soldier said...

Congrats to Johnny...

Tuition...tell me about it! Next year my school will jump from what its right now around $4000 to over $10,000 per semster..and this is state university of Minnesota not a private college..madness.

4/23/2008 02:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters