Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Just for Carla

My sister Carla and I have a thing for Grey Gardens. We saw the documentary and the Broadway show. We love a character and these women were indeed characters. Recently Carla, who is a makeup artist, (and does a dead-on imitation of little Edie) realized she was doing the makeup of the current owner. Obviously they have completely redone Grey Gardens and wouldn't the two of us like to see it. I stumbled on this youtube that gives us a little peek of the refurbished Grey Gardens. Carla I know you are going to be just as excited as me to see it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

Thank you for posting that. OhmyGodohmyGodohmyGod!!! So beautiful, sad, and haunting all at the same time. The women who owns it has been in a number of times to NBC, but I don't want to keep bothering her with questions about the house. She did say they restored it to what it originally was so - Wow. I so dig that you found this. So, so Cool! I wonder if we will like the movie when it comes out. I don't think I will if they don't stay true to the documentaries. I felt like the Broadway show did. We so have to do a drive by of that house. Or a walk-by. That way we can really linger. And then if we see Sally outside, maybe she'll recognize me & invite us in. Diva idea!

4/23/2008 07:39:00 PM  
Blogger Krissy Doyle said...

I love Grey Gardens too and am constantly immitating Little Edie. Kevin and I are supposed to go to Long Island in May. I want to head over to the Hampton's and try to check out the house somehow. I love the story of those two women. I didn't get to see it on Broadway, but I do have a special copy of the show. I am excited to see the movie. Not sure about Drew Barrymore, but Jessica Lang is always so good at whatever she does.

4/24/2008 02:46:00 PM  
Blogger Coffee Messiah said...

$150 a month on Ice Cream? ; ) Oh man. It was an interesting and somewhat disturbing film. There are more people living like that than we realize! ; (

Nice catch and Thanks for sharing it!

4/24/2008 04:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters