Thursday, April 03, 2008

Six-Word Memoir

Fellow local blogger Oceanshaman has given me what has turned out to be quite a task:

1. Write a six-word memoir.

2. Post it on your blog (accompanying pics, art, music, etc. optional).

3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post.

4. Tag five more blogs with links.

5. Leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to engage.

Umm, it's weird because I can usually say it easier in any other amount of words but six. Bottom line is even given all the words out there I couldn't put it in words. It is was it is. (See that's 5). After thinking about it all day I came up with:

Laying in the bed I made.

My daughters thought that sounded so depressing which is not what I meant. I meant I take responsibility for my actions. I do what I have to do. I'm USUALLY happy with that. I'm a realist. That's what I came up with!

The criticism took me back to the drawing board.

Happy with how things are going. (Lame)
Making the most of my life. (?)

Hey! How about "Getting what I want for myself!"
To me that sounds just like laying in the bed I made. That is the major lesson I have learned in this life. Taught to me by my mom and dad (though not consciously I don't think). A learn-by-doing-kind of thing. It's not depressing to me it's REAL. Help yourself. No one else can be counted on although it could happen (I don't want to seem like I'm not optimistic) but don't count on it. You're better off if you just do it yourself.

Okay enough of this. My brain hurts. I'm going to make some art.
Oh yeah, there are quite of few of you I'd love to hear from on this. I think almost everybody is more clever with words than I am. What is your Six-Word Memoir?

13 Comments:

Blogger Oceanshaman said...

You so crazy . . .

Love the memoir, and the accompanying ruminations . . .

Makes me think of the serenity prayer . . .

The serenity to accept the things I cannot change (pretty much everything outside of you) . . .

The courage the change the things you can (you and your thoughts, words, and actions . . . with emphasis on actions) . . .

The wisdom to know the difference (comes with age, I think, and layin' in the bed you made) . . .

Namaste . . .

4/03/2008 10:06:00 AM  
Blogger Fran said...

Don't postpone joy any longer, seriously!

Self explanatory really-- but after hearing my 83 year old Mom's retrospective thoughts, I realize you just never know how things will go, so do the things that bring joy, and find contentment. Smell the roses- again & again. Immerse yourself in the garden of life.

4/04/2008 12:23:00 AM  
Blogger la bellina mammina said...

"To be or not to be", or in my case, 'to do or not to do'.....

4/04/2008 02:10:00 AM  
Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

"To me that sounds just like laying in the bed I made."
Sooner or later I think, that's how all our lives end up.

I'd like to help you out, but I'm pretty well memed out.:)

4/04/2008 03:26:00 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

http://bulletin.zefrank.com/showthread.php?t=13656

some inspiration for you there ^

some of them are even mine :)

4/04/2008 10:17:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Oceanshaman- That's what I'm talking about. Taking care of business.

Fran- Love it! and smell the roses again and again. So right.

La Bellina- Yeah. I hear you. To do, to do, to do!!!!

TUA- I know. That's why I don't assign. But you can leave it in the comment.

Alice- There are so many great ones there. Makes me feel like an idiot for having such a hard time.

4/04/2008 10:31:00 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Wow. This shows how limited my brain is. I've been thinking about it and nothing seemed to work with less than 7 words. Then I visited the site Alice offered and felt REALLY limited. I enjoyed all of the great ones there.

Thanks for sharing your memoir. I don't think it sounds depressing.

4/04/2008 11:30:00 AM  
Blogger Dem Soldier said...

Not easy, one think that surely will be in memoir will be that design my own course.

so let me think...

Take the course opposite to custom.

Thanks for the comment.

4/05/2008 01:49:00 PM  
Blogger Yoga Korunta said...

How long before a master's degree?

4/07/2008 07:27:00 AM  
Blogger fairlane said...

No fan of that Chuck Norris.

4/08/2008 01:39:00 AM  
Blogger The Beltway B@stard said...

I need to censor mine ;)

#$%@# #$$ $$#@@% $#^# $%% ^&#$

4/08/2008 02:57:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Carol- Glad to see someone else feels limited. I put so much thought into it and that's all I came up with!

Dem soldier- I like that one!

Yoga- LOL!

Fairlane- Of course you made me laugh!

BB- No censoring here! Let her rip!

4/08/2008 09:57:00 AM  
Blogger Hayden said...

back again and - sheesh. thinkin and thinkin' and still no answers.

maybe

shooting for the unknown every time.

4/10/2008 11:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters