Thursday, May 15, 2008

NO Warp-age!

Can I just say my first attempt at making hand rolled tiles on my own came out perfectly. Barely a trace of warp-age! I'm pretty proud. AND I have signed up for the summer class of ceramics 101. I want to know what I don't know as I have never been formally trained. Scary. M-F for 4 weeks! It's been a loooong time since I've been committed outside the home M-F. My family is being very supportive EXCEPT for young Johnny who is worried he won't be able to catch a ride to the beach to surf which is the main capacity I hold for him during the summer. When I told him I would drop him off before class and pick him up after or someone else would he quit whining. He doesn't seem convinced. Due to the cost of the class I am kind of 2nd guessing myself too. My supporters keep pushing me forward. They're great.




Here is Johnny and Lisa showing the love at the awards dinner the other night. Rare.

12 Comments:

Blogger Sornie said...

Is this a hobby of yours or a burgeoning career?

5/15/2008 03:05:00 PM  
Blogger Hayden said...

good stuff, I'm glad you're doing it! My guess is that you'll find out you know most of it, but it'll give you a new, higher base of confidence to operate from. Easy to acquire info along the way, but for me, until I filter it through the structure of a class it's difficult to understand where I am in the process.

5/15/2008 03:21:00 PM  
Blogger Krissy Doyle said...

Best of luck with your classes. That sounds really neat! Can I get a ride to the beach to? Ha ha :)

5/15/2008 05:24:00 PM  
Blogger WT said...

Well done with the tiles. I hate to be downer, but I think you may be frustrated going to the class and being told things that you know are either wrong, or just don't work. That's the risk you take when you do a class that you already have experience in (often more than the teachers).

5/15/2008 06:00:00 PM  
Blogger dawn said...

Hey Mary Mary, I'm back anyhoo I think the classes is a great thing I can imagine your sons attitude. After all mom it's his summer. Anyway mary I'm glad to see things are going so well

5/16/2008 03:35:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Hooray for no warp-age!

It's great that you're taking a class! Not that I don't think you already know all you need to know...

5/16/2008 06:16:00 PM  
Blogger Coffee Messiah said...

Hey, nothing wrong with a class every now and then, especially to be around people you can learn & help too....

Always good 4 ones ego and creativity.

In a few weeks, you'll see my 1st attempt but am also working up to a more involved project via book arts.

Cheers! ; )

5/17/2008 12:15:00 PM  
Blogger Coffee Messiah said...

oh, i also was going to mention, someone I know in town makes her own paper. Once she settles on a place for her equipment, guess what else we will be doing?????

creativity should never stop if it's screaming inside U.....

5/17/2008 12:16:00 PM  
Blogger betmo said...

at your convenience- i tagged you for something fun- details at my place :)

5/19/2008 08:28:00 PM  
Blogger susan said...

I'm beginning to see inklings of a return to the higher aspects of the 60's around here.. said she who spent a few years learning to spin, dye and weave.

Best of luck and yes, please drop me off at the beach too. I need some quiet paddling time.

5/19/2008 10:13:00 PM  
Blogger la bellina mammina said...

can't wait to hear about yur class...

and that's a such a sweet photo!

5/20/2008 04:32:00 AM  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

very cool to take a class..wonderful..and nice photos too...you will be great in your class..

5/20/2008 06:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters