Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Thanks for being great.!

I had a really nice Mother's Day and I hope all you other mothers did too. I LOVE getting cards from my children especially when they make them themselves. Store bought cards don't do much for me. Taylor made a very nice card this year. I have saved all the cards the kids have made over the years.

On Friday I received some lovely flowers from Michael and a card that said "Thanks for being GREAT!" I was beaming. I love being called "GREAT" by my children. I know people don't like Mothers Day and think it's commercial and all that but I look forward to the one day a year when my children focus in on me and do things like call me "Great".

The kids presented me with a pot of herbs I use often in the kitchen. I can keep it on the front steps so I don't have to walk all the way to the garden when I'm rushing. They also gave me some garden decorations. Unfortunately I haven't been able to put them out there yet because it was so windy and cloudy on Sunday afternoon and then that night the winds picked up and it rained and blew all through Monday. Many people were without electricity. I lucked out some how but school was canceled as they lost power. Lots of flooding not only here on the coast but across the state. Today the sun is shining but my yard is littered with natures pruning. I made out pretty good considering.





Remember those pretty iris the other day?



John's always afraid this big elbow branch is going to come off the pecan tree. I don't think that big thing is going anywhere.



Two big sections of my neighbors ugly-ass stockade fence are in the field out back and two trees that Johnny just planted for me blew over. I told him this morning that his two trees blew over and he said "You mean your two trees." Mothers Day is so fleeting.

6 Comments:

Blogger Krimo said...

Happy Mothers Day, Mary.
I love your mirror, btw.

5/13/2008 05:55:00 PM  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

Happy Mothers day...I hope it was good...sorry about the trees.....

5/14/2008 07:27:00 AM  
Blogger CHEWY said...

An Iris Crisis!

5/14/2008 02:43:00 PM  
Blogger la bellina mammina said...

They're so sweet - we had a mother's day bbq and the kids made me cards too.

I'm going to be away again, so I'll see you in two weeks when I'm back!

5/15/2008 02:35:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Cream- Thank you!!!!

E4E- I hope yours was nice also.

Chewy-Ha! Love it!

La B- You are so lucky. Enjoy the trip.

5/15/2008 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger Fran said...

Glad the Mother's day was sweet.
The class endeavor sounds fun...

The storm is kind of like the analogy of mothering-- everything from flowery greatness, artistic experimentation- to wash out.

Ain't life grand?

5/16/2008 12:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters