Friday, May 09, 2008

What's blooming?

Thanks to my forgetfullness I am delightfully surprised every year by what pops out of the ground around here . I had to share these striking Iris'. I spent a lot of time looking at them yesterday.



Lily of the Valley are blooming too. They spread like weeds which I love and smell so good.



Meanwhile the birds around here are officially, really officially, out of my favor. I am really trying not dislike them as they have just as much right as I to live here BUT they are everywhere. Under car hoods. Completely overtaking the barn causing everything to be cover in bird doo and most unfortunately they have gone in an open cut-out that was meant for an outside light fixture. This causes a certain unpleasant odor to emit from an inside opening in my studio that is meant for a switch for the outdoor light. Yes. My husband is a builder. He isn't lazy. He works 24-7... in someone else's home. I'm thinking duct tape. If I do something half-assed that's how I get his attention as he is also a perfectionist.

11 Comments:

Blogger Sornie said...

Just stop your showing off please. Our tulips here are just pathetic and the temperature has broken 70 degrees twice thus far. If your irises come up missing, it wasn't me.

5/09/2008 01:06:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Sornie- I know I'm sorry. I'm being selfish. But wait'll it hits your place. You'll be the same. It was a long winter.

5/09/2008 01:47:00 PM  
Blogger CHEWY said...

Nice Iris. I like the way you shot them against the green grass. I have noisy morning birds and you have birds everywhere! What are we to do? (shrug)

5/09/2008 03:55:00 PM  
Blogger WT said...

Ha ha ha! Duct tape! My wife has used similar ploys on me. I say go ahead, you've got a good chance of success.

5/09/2008 05:41:00 PM  
Blogger betmo said...

haven't had real time to devote to any of my plants but the rose bush is coming along and i have iris buds. the daffs didn't bloom this year but the grape hyacinths did and the tulips were downright sad. but that's ok- i am moving :)

i am buying a house- and i have made the announcement here- we just got the loan approval yesterday :) yeah!!!!

5/09/2008 08:20:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Chewy- I looked into getting barn doors today. It makes me wonder what part of my property that will push them into. I also wonder why are there suddenly so many.

WT- See! I thought I was on to something!

Betmo! That's exciting news! Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

5/09/2008 08:37:00 PM  
Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

Two things can forever be counted on when times get desperate: Cold Pizza, and Duct Tape. Don't leave home without either!!

5/10/2008 01:12:00 PM  
Blogger peter said...

Wow! great pictures. love the tiles and mosaics. peace, peter

5/10/2008 09:18:00 PM  
Blogger just me said...

We have birds here as well, and a noisy lot they are. They have taken to dive bombing the cats when they venture outside. Which, in a way, is sort of funny.

5/11/2008 04:37:00 PM  
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Beautiful

5/11/2008 11:01:00 PM  
Blogger la bellina mammina said...

beautiful pics - Happy Mother's Day Mary!

5/11/2008 11:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters