Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Yes it's a meme...

and I don't like to participate but my blogging is SO weak lately so here we go. I was tagged by Betmo



One: What was I doing ten years ago?

I would have been in the thick of raising my family. Two teens, 12 and 13, and 8 year old and a 5 year old. Volunteering my ass off and on the verge of change OR a nervous breakdown. Thank goodness it was change that was just around the corner. Although come to think of it there were probably a couple mini breakdowns.

Two: Five things on today's to-do list.

Workout. (Done)

Shower and wash hair for awards night. (Done. Only realized later the awards are tomorrow so I didn't actually have to wash my hair today. dammit.)

Deliver tiles. (Done. She loved them!)

Pick up a few more plants. (Done)

Find someone to pick up pizza for dinner. (Still looking)

Three: Things I'd do if I were a Billionaire.

Pay for all the kids to go to school.

Move my house by the water and add a huge screened porch.

Buy a place in the city.

(Can I please have one more?)
Take Carla on a bad-ass dream vacation for her 40th!

Four: Three bad habits?

Curse like a sailor. (Not proud. Trying to quit but it's harder than quitting smoking.)

Sugar. (also trying to quit this)

Sun worshipper. Not trying to quit.

Five places I have lived

This is embarrassing...
Denver for like a minute 'cause I was born there.
Bowie Maryland
Gaithersburg Maryland
Ocean City Maryland
Bishopville Maryland
Ugh! That is so boring!!!!!

Five Jobs

Gift Wrapper
Waitress
Store Manager
Potters Asst.
Office Manager
Stellar list, I know.

I am tagging (oh yes I am)
Antonio
WT
Chewy
Just Me
Hayden

12 Comments:

Blogger The Beltway B@stard said...

Come on, cursing like a sailor bad? Guess only I would think thats good. Cursing lets the rage out without...well...letting the rage out.

5/20/2008 08:56:00 PM  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

Oh I love your meme....wonderful...I love your faults and what you would do with money..actually the Billionaire part was my fav , and reading everyone's....

(((ahhhha..See you tried to tag me...and Someone else beat you to it...so I for once actually did a meme....a first...)

5/20/2008 10:39:00 PM  
Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

Anybody that gets four out of five things on a to do list done in one freakin' day can't be trusted.:)

5/21/2008 12:48:00 AM  
Blogger D.K. Raed said...

This was fun! So glad it was change for you 10-yrs ago, not an NB! I got tagged for this meme, too, and am noticing a common theme in the "jobs". Almost everyone I see, no matter what they are doing today, has tried waitressing!

5/21/2008 01:02:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

BB- I have to agree. I do like to let my rage out.

E4E- Billionaire was def my fav too. There's alot more I'd do. Especiallyto my home. I'd go off on my garden and convert my house completely to a green home which Betmo said she would do on her meme. Oh I could go on and on.

TUA- I know. I was cooking yesterday wasn't I.

D.K- Speaking of people you can't trust...I don't think you can trust someone who has never work in a restaurant in some capacity.

5/21/2008 10:55:00 AM  
Blogger dawn said...

You are a busy later, never would ave thought you cursed like a sailor , your not even from ny

5/21/2008 11:28:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Ah but I lived in the DC area and as the Beltway Bastard will tell you the traffic around that area AND the people will get you cursing in no time.

5/21/2008 11:32:00 AM  
Blogger CHEWY said...

Mary,
Yikes! I've been tagged. I'll have to pass, too much on my plate right now.

Terrific answers. Good thing I briefly worked in a restaurant kitchen. Trust me.

5/21/2008 12:18:00 PM  
Blogger Sornie said...

Quitting sugar is futile. It's everywhere and in everything. Even hamburger buns. (Check the package). As for weak blogging, I have you beat.

5/21/2008 01:18:00 PM  
Blogger just me said...

Thanks for the tag. I just can't picture you cussing like a sailor. Now me, it seems to come naturally.

Now I guess I'll go put on my thinking cap.

5/21/2008 01:57:00 PM  
Blogger WT said...

Boy you sure get around don't you? I've done mine, but I modified it slightly (for a start I had to cut the number of to-dos down!)

5/21/2008 08:03:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Chewy- I do.

Sornie-Oh I know. It leaves me nothing to eat but those darn vegetables.

Just me- I try not to do it on my blog or really even in life. I think I may be getting better but it's almost too late. The kids are grown.

WT- I've been places. I just haven't lived there.

5/22/2008 09:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters