Wednesday, July 30, 2008

This is the kind of stuff that happens even when I'm not on Vicodin.

Got my stitches out yesterday but he said I'm still not healed and need to continue with the soft food.
Everyday I feel much better but I really can't eat regular food if I wanted and I do so I've tried and it don't work.
Yesterday before my appointment I walked out back to the garden and started weeding like a mad woman. I wasn't supposed to have been exerting myself after the surgery and in that short time the garden was out of control. I couldn't help myself. I figured I was getting the stitches out today so its okay to weed. I had been watching the tube before that and my glasses were on my head and kept falling off. I kept picking them up and putting them back on top of my head but I guess one time I just didn't notice.

So I go to appointment come home. I had made a few stops on the way home and gathered everything up but as I was getting out of the car I dropped my cell phone. I will come back and get that I said to myself.

I put things away and start picking up after others etc. and decide I need to sit down a minute and relax after the traumatic stitch removal experience but I need my glasses to see the images on the TV. Can't find them anywhere.

And where is my phone? I call my phone on the house phone and I don't hear it ringing. Maybe I left it in the car. I walk to the car and search the damn thing. No phone. I go back in and sit and think. Did I go to the laundry room? I walk out there and check. I do all this probably 3 times until FINALLY! I remember that I dropped it getting out of the car and I go outside and retrieve it. DUH.

Back to the glasses. I sit I think. Last time....da, da, da, da,...oh yeah! Garden! Go to the garden. Walk around and around and finally see them laying in the grass. Whew! Put them in my pocket with my cell phone.

Then I notice the huge mess of weeds I left flung everywhere and decide I must put them all in one tidy pile. I collect them all in a few minutes and head inside. I'm gonna fold some laundry now and watch a little TV. I deserve it.

Laundry basket. Check. Cell phone. Check. Glasses....Where the hell are my glasses? I know I put them in the pocket w/the phone. I have the phone. Where are the glasses? I trudge back out to the garden. They must have fell out of my pocket while collecting weeds. Shit. I go through the weed pile. Twice. I call my son out. He goes through the weed pile. We walk around and around. Back and forth from the garden to the house and see nothing. Son gives up. I retrace my steps over and over. Go back in the house and go through the laundry basket. You never know. I go through the weed pile AGAIN. Ahhhhhhhhh! Just when I'm figuring on spending the following day buying new glasses and having them permanently attached to my head or at the very least getting one of those straps my brother had as a kid to keep his glasses on....I spot them. Jeeeeezus, Mary and Josephhhhhh! Icannottakeitanymore!!!!!!!

I swear to you I only take the vicodin at night so either there is just too much floating around in my system or I need some damn solid food or both. The bottom line is you shouldn't keep the stuff around because after an episode like that all you can think is....I need a vicodin.

12 Comments:

Blogger The Beltway B@stard said...

Sounds like your just hung over. Get well Mary - don't over do it.

I lost my glasses last month, and looked for them for almost an hour before giving up. Sat on the couch, rubbed the top of my head, glasses found.

7/30/2008 10:28:00 PM  
Blogger JM said...

I can SO identify with this. I recently had a kidney stone give me some pain, and I thought I could ignore it and go to work. When I got there I just popped a couple of percocets and thought it would be business as usual. The pain DID go away, but so did my ability to function normally; not my best decision.

7/31/2008 09:16:00 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Hi Mary, been a little busy with building work at the villa (and little or no time for the internet or blogging in July)

A sort of working holiday - lol!

But I hope to have time to catch up and keep abreast of my favourite blogs in August.

Nice to see you going strong
but remember to take it easy, put your feet up and look after yourself

7/31/2008 11:55:00 AM  
Blogger dawn said...

Mary my friend our lives parallel so much sometimes it's scary. 2 weeks ago I broke my eyetooth. I need to have root canal done , a post and a cap. I think I will really need some vicodin. You know my summers are never easy. I'm looking forward to the fall. As for the losing things thats normal for me, I suspect you too. Love ya

7/31/2008 02:32:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

BB-Too much stuff to look after these days w/phones, and the 3 pairs of glasses etc. I have definitely looked for my keys before only to discover I was holding them in my hand. I'm feeling much better though.

JM- Ouch. Kidney stones are wicked. I've had to take my brother in for those. But yeah drugs are for sitting at home and veggin for sure. No work.

Quasar- Good to hear from you! Building at the "villa" doesn't sound like a bad gig at all. I would give up blogging for that any day!

Dawn- You know it. Losing things is a daily occurance for sure. I don't need drugs for that.
Good luck with the root canal. Definitely ask for Vicodin. Percocet makes me nauseated. And thats my drug tip for the day. (What have I become?)

8/01/2008 11:00:00 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Oy.

I can be like this sometimes.

Without vicodin.

Reading about your day made me tired!

8/01/2008 02:39:00 PM  
Blogger Fran said...

Poor Mary! Living the life of drugs & weed.
I've done similar things.

Sung to the tune of Amazing Grace:

We once lost our glas-ses
but now they're found...
was blind but now I see....

Clearly Friday night delerium has set in for me.

8/01/2008 11:32:00 PM  
Blogger Krimo said...

Mary, you had me in stitches!!!!

8/02/2008 07:57:00 PM  
Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

Anyone that would laugh at a dear friend's troubles in their darkest hour should get six lashes with a wet noodle, so I guess you better look for the wet noodles now cause I was laughing my ass off!:)

I know this doesn't apply to you, but your symptoms you described, fit those approaching middle age.......

8/03/2008 02:29:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Carol- I wasn't on vicodin at the time. I mean the night before...yes. That's what I mean. What the hell is happening to me?

Fran- Clearly. That's okay. My drugs and weed stint was WAAAYYYY too short.

Krimo- In hindsight I myself find it funny but walking in circles for an hour really was upsettingme.

TUA- Yea...it's funny isn't it? I am no where near middle age. Why does this keep happening?

8/04/2008 12:10:00 PM  
Blogger Hayden said...

eiii.... rolling with laughter! such a classic, and we've all been there, done that. You tell the story well.

8/05/2008 10:50:00 AM  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

omg ...you poor thing,....I too have had this happen..add the KEYS in and we have matching days...oye...

Hang in there....and I am so sorry about your tooth..and the pain and the hassle of it.....it will get better....

8/06/2008 08:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters