Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Keeping up

I'm just too busy to keep up with blogging right now. Johnny started back to school today. Lisa is doing fine in NYC. John is bidding his time until he can get some free time to go see her. I'm too busy to think. Tomorrow I will start my class and I just got a job to do a waterfall and most likely plenty more.

John and I spent about 3 weeks painting our very small living room brown so I could move in my new couch. John was doing it after work. I start and then he wants to do it his way and takes over. My house was torn apart for almost a month. I finally couldn't take it and we both just dug in and got it done. I am going to put a really colorful mosaic right behind that couch. I have it in my head.



This past weekned John's family was here for a birthday/lobster feast.





There were clams too...



and adorable little girls.



Oh yea and some champagne grapes. These 2 never miss an opportunity to pose.






In fact the other day after the shot of me on the couch I asked Johnny would he take a picture of his father and I together.
Exhibit A:



"Boring" he says. "What do you suggests?" says I. His friend Zack is always around somewhere so they demonstrated.
Exhibit B:



Maybe next time boys.

7 Comments:

Blogger betmo said...

i like the natural feel of yellows and browns- lovely. :) not much going on in the blogosphere just yet anyway- save yourself for the exciting season :)

9/02/2008 06:17:00 PM  
Blogger Antonio said...

Too busy? Does that mean no camping and no wild ponies this year?

9/02/2008 11:58:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

B- Thats what I was going for and then I could add my punch of color.

Antonio- I will be able to hang out for a day but sadly no camping. No time. Sad, sad, sad. I'm a school girl now.

9/03/2008 08:03:00 AM  
Blogger Fran said...

Your son is a riot~ I love his flambouyant sense of humor.
Still even though you are swamped & immersed in so much, you find time to paint the frontroom. I wish I could step up to that level of laziness!

I will stick with my excuse of having a bad knee. Just got a cortisone shot to try to qwell the pain. It's no minor thing- I have bone on bone & need a total knee replacement- already had the other one replaced.

9/03/2008 12:32:00 PM  
Blogger Robert Rouse said...

I love seafood. It's one of the reasons I wish we lived closer to the coast. Let's face it, Red Lobster or Long john Silvers just doesn't cut it.

9/03/2008 01:52:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Fran- I'm glad you appreciate his humor.
I know that knee replacement is a tough thing to go through but I do hope you get the second one. My mother had the same thing and never did do the 2nd one. She barely gets around. Actually she doesn't get around.

Robert-Yeah it's not the same but there are little places in Maine that will Fed Ex I believe if you ever get the notion. And hey next time your in DC bring your cooler.

9/03/2008 09:10:00 PM  
Blogger Ingrid said...

ha..great pics and I love the colours of the mosaics and the colourful entourage so to speak..I'm sure you guys can think of a less boring pic but then, how will you (plural) be able to show your face in public?
still, you and John seem to have such a great family really. I hope he adjusts to your daughter being in NYC..it's one of those bridges I get to cross at least 8yrs from now..lucky me [g]

Ingrid

9/06/2008 05:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters