Saturday, October 11, 2008

Full Plate

I have so much to do that I'm having trouble sleeping. I have school projects that need to be finished but Lisa came home for the weekend and is wanting a home cooked meal. What would you do? I'm going to the grocery store right after I post.

The other day instead of doing my payroll taxes for John I went to watch a demo by THIS amazing potter. He is doing a huge pit firing on the beach this weekend and there are lots of events surrounding it that I would like to see. Hopefully I can squeeze that in. Yeah, right after those taxes. Whatever.



I had cleaned Lisa's room when she moved out so I documented....






and left a note that asked her to keep "my" room clean. I gotta give it a shot no?

They got in late last night and she brought a couple pieces of work. A screen print and a black and white painting. Looking good. Sorry about my digital pics of her work. They suck. I'm too rushed.





She has had a few nude models to paint or sketch quickly. One, a male had paper stuck in his butt. She found it quite distracting to say the least. It makes you wonder...did the instructor know? Did the model do it on purpose? What's the proper etiquette for that?

Oh and here are some more homecoming photos. I know you've been waiting...







Finally (sorry I got do all this at once. no time) My brother sent me THIS.

I've seen it before and I'm sure you have too. It's just more fun seeing the family name.


That's it. You probably won't hear from again for a week. Later.


8 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

I think I'd buy a big roaster chicken, put it in the oven and let it cook itself so I'd have more time to spend with my daughter! Like the Tom Petty screenprint, enjoy your weekend.

10/11/2008 03:03:00 PM  
Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

It's hard being a "Student Mom," isn't it? I had a couple in some classes when I went to school. Always harried...alway rushed, and somehow, the best damn students in the class!!

"Lisa came home for the weekend and is wanting a home cooked meal. What would you do?"
I'd teach Lisa how to make a home cooked meal, then when I was hungry, I'd call her up and tell her get her ass home!:)

Re the nude with the paper in his butt. Set it on fire, and get some action shots!!

10/12/2008 02:44:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Joanne- Well I guess I should have consulted my 2 commentors first. I slaved over the stove and she laid around!

TUA-ACtion shots! I love it!!!

10/12/2008 08:43:00 AM  
Blogger Coffee Messiah said...

I agree, let her help you at the very least.

Great Raku also! ; )

In my class, the models were always neat and clean. We would have laughed too hard to draw if that situation occurred.

She's doing well, except for expecting you to do all the cooking! ; )

10/12/2008 12:07:00 PM  
Blogger Ingrid said...

wow..if only you lived nearby..I'd just have you adopt me and my family and we'd just 'squeeze in' during your happy fun family gatherings. (we'll bring food and good company to redeem our presence, seriously, you'd never know we weren't really family..our kids 'travel 'well [lol]!!)

anyhow..seriously though..how fun it looked and no doubt it was. Your kids are going to have some awesome memories when they will ahve their own kiddies..

hugs

Ingrid

10/13/2008 07:31:00 PM  
Blogger Fran said...

ASk your daughter if a microwave dish qualifies as home cooking..... either that or she needs to give advance notice.

the son's homecoming looks like the Blues Brothers.
lookin' cool

10/14/2008 12:53:00 AM  
Blogger Fran said...

does a microwave meal qualify as homecooked?
the son looks like the Blues Brothers....

10/14/2008 01:09:00 AM  
Blogger Fran said...

test

10/14/2008 01:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters