Sunday, October 05, 2008

Good Times

Had a bit of a surprise when Michael pulled in Friday night. I knew he was due home any day but I had asked him to call me when he left. He never did so....I was surprised. It's good to see him home. Home for good.

I was also looking forward to a visit from my cousin who lives in New Jersey. He was going to be in the area camping and fishing. I rarely see anyone in his family so it's always nice to catch up.



It was a great visit (I thought). My brother Joe was here also and it made for a nice day. It also happened to be Homecoming for Johnny so it got a little hectic as he got ready for the dance. We were lucky to have my brother Joe there as the men in my house are tie tying challenged. It's always got to be googled and the instructions never seem to stick.



Ya gotta love the "dress" shoes and tucked in shirts. I've learned though and try my best to stay out of the fashion choices.



After Johnny left for the dance we all decided to meet somewhere in Dewey Beach for drinks. Lots of talking and laughing. It was really a nice day for me. I've been doing, doing, doing so much and it was nice to just hang out.







Fun!

10 Comments:

Blogger WT said...

I'm so glad he's finally back home safe and sound...and for good!!

10/05/2008 09:27:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

WT- Amen!!!!!

10/05/2008 10:17:00 PM  
Blogger just me said...

I am so very grateful and happy that your son is home where he belongs...God bless him.

10/06/2008 03:25:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Just me- Thank you, thank you.

10/06/2008 10:23:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Just me- Thank you, thank you.

10/06/2008 10:23:00 PM  
Blogger Fran said...

Wise woman to stay out of fashion choices, results in being friends with your kids later on.
What a relief to have your son back. Whew & Hooray!!!

10/07/2008 05:42:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Yay! He's back! What a relief!

Sounds like you had a great time. I like Johnny's style.

10/07/2008 09:08:00 PM  
Blogger deuddersun said...

Oooooooookay, some advice from a guy who can tie anything, bow ties, four in hands and the occasional sheep shank. Buy the boys clip ons. That's right, clip on ties. They look just as good as real ones and they can't be used to drag yer head into an oncoming fist should things get, uh, rowdy, lol! boys will be boys!

d.

10/08/2008 02:19:00 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

Great,GReat, GREAT. Your blog relaxes me and makes me smile/laugh.

Sorry I missed Ronnie.

10/10/2008 07:56:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

deuddersun- Man you crack me up! Good advice! the break away tie!!

10/10/2008 09:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters